Health and Safety Manager.
We are looking for the following skills/experience.Minimum of 5 years Health and safety management experience ideally in a care setting
ABOUT THE ROLE
Barchester Healthcare are one of the biggest care home providers in the UK. With over 200 homes and hospitals, 11,000 residents, and 17,000 members of staff, we are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of everyone in our homes. As the Health and Safety Manager for our south division, you will be instrumental in allowing the teams for 63 homes to deliver an exceptional experience to residents, and celebrate the time that they spend with us. The role is a key support function, and will involve:
• Auditing homes a minimum of once every 2 years
• Identifying higher risk homes that require additional health and safety support
• Producing evidence based risk management reports
• Supporting homes in the weeks following an audit to improve health and safety compliance
• Facilitating residents to participate in activities safely and enhance their experience
• Working closely with the properties team
• Ensure health and safety of new build homes in the south
• Building relationships with home managers, hospital directors, heads of departments, and health and safety champions in homes across the division
This is an autonomous role, involving travel across the country on a daily basis. You must be available to work away from home throughout the week, with a pragmatic approach to health and safety compliance. We are looking for the following skills/experience:
• Minimum of 5 years health and safety management experience, ideally in a care setting
• NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
• Demonstrable knowledge of current legislative regulatory requirements, and ability to apply this in a practical manner
• Strong communication skills
• Full UK driving licence
Barchester is the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK. As well as a competitive salary, we offer one of the best rewards packages in the sector, and work hard to ensure that our staff are supported to achieve their best.
If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
Management Health Care ProviderQuality Assurance
Hospital & Health Care
Health and Safety Advisor (Somerset & Gloucester)
Job description and person specification Link
Link for more details if necessary
Who to contact –Trudy Clements Group Health and Safety Manager
Telephone 07415 493 234
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Health and Safety Advisor
Keys Group provide innovative care and education services to children and young people who have complex needs, emotional and behavioural difficulties or who display challenging behaviour.
We are seeking a full time Health and Safety Advisor to participate in an ongoing programme of health and safety monitoring and support across the organisation.
Contact Gill Lucas 07966 186 264 / firstname.lastname@example.org