Health and Safety Manager- Part Time
Head Office (Swadlincote, Derbyshire), with frequent travel between locations
Salary c. £35,000 per annum
(pro rata for 2.5 days per week)
The role of Health & Safety Manager is responsible for developing and promoting a positive health and safety culture across the company, ensuring services are compliant with CQC regulations, local authority policies, and associated legislative requirements in relation to all aspects of Health and Safety.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity to join our team to ensure all of our services operate safely and effectively. Your main responsibility will be to maintain the highest standards of health and safety for our 10 Care Homes across the UK.
Main duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Completion, and monitoring the completion of, various health and safety quality compliance audits and inspections across the services.
- To investigate and record incidents which have a health and safety consideration, and make the appropriate referrals to RIDDOR where required.
- Oversight of health and safety training needs for employees across the organisation, and identification of any gaps in knowledge.
- Development, review, evaluation, and implementation of Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring contingencies are in place to allow for business continuity.
- Reacting to changes in government and local authority guidance, and implementing and communicating changes to policies and processes where required.
- Maintaining relationships with relevant external bodies, including the Fire Service and other health and safety-related organisations.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the management of health and safety in a social care environment. Be able to demonstrate knowledge of current legislative regulatory requirements and how this is applied in a practical manner. A good understanding of moving and positioning of people would be advantageous, as well as flexibility to adapt to the role as the needs of business change.
- An industry recognised qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) is desirable, but we will consider an IOSH or equivalent qualifications.
- Experience in Health and Safety in a social care environment, preferably in elderly care.
- Fire Manager Certificate
- Applicants should have a full, clean driving license as the role will involve frequent travel between locations, with the occasional overnight stay.
We are a small care home operator, based in Swadlincote town centre. Check out our company at yourhealthgroup.co.uk or our reviews on carehome.co.uk, we are passionate about what we do, and we are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to support the growth of our business.
Please send your CV with covering letter, to email@example.com, Closing date for this role is 29th March 2021.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to have a DBS check.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when sufficient applications are received.
As we often have many applicants for jobs at Your Health Limited, we regret that we will only be able to contact those applicants who are short-listed for interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been short-listed for interview on this particular occasion.
AHR Consultants are looking for dynamic and pragmatic Health and Safety Associates/Consultants to join our growing team.
You must hold NEBOSH Health and Safety and Fire Safety (or equivalent) qualifications and have experience in carrying out health and safety audits and fire risk assessments within healthcare environments.
- Working with a range of clients in various industries to deliver the following
- Health and safety audits, gap analysis and fire risk assessments;
- Training courses including fire safety, manual handling, COSHH;
- Investigating incidents including possible liaison with enforcing authorities;
- Creating and reviewing documentation including policies, procedures, risk assessments, and forms;
- Providing advice and support to clients by email, telephone, video conferencing and face-to-face as required;
- Managing and maintaining client relationships to ensure they receive the advice and support desired.
Location/s: Bristol, South Midlands, Home Counties, Scotland.
Salary/Day Rate: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Contact – Laurence Begley firstname.lastname@example.org
Mob. 07971 128956
Closing Date for applications – 31st March 2021
Health and Safety Advisor.
Job Reference : D009445
Location : Home Based
Closing Date : 04/12/2020
Salary : £33,000 Per Annum
Up To :
Employment Type :Permanent
Hours Per Week : 37.5
The role benefits from being home based covering Somerset & Wales. Travel across the regions will be required.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the continuous improvement of all levels of health and safety within the Dimensions services and offices, through carrying out inspecting, Fire risk assessments, Investigations RIDDOR incidents, Insurance claims and advising managers within the Organisation.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Fire Safety Adviser for the Society.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support The Abbeyfield Society with the ongoing effective management of Fire Safety.
This post holder will work as the Fire Safety Adviser for the Society and would be part of the central Health and Safety Team.
We are looking for a confident, motivated, and enthusiastic individual with significant experience of all areas of Fire Safety, ideally in a Care Environment (or similar), to join us and make an immediate impact on maintaining our high standards.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Health & Safety Advisor.
Health & Safety Advisor- 3 months fixed term contract
Hours Per Week : 37.5.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
To be based Mansfield Operations
Salary: Up to £34,000 d.o.e.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2020